I’m slowly rolling out the details from our family trip to Hawaii. Before taking to the friendly skies on our last day, we stopped by the Delta Sky Club Lounge in Honolulu, HI for breakfast. Technically it was past breakfast time, but we were busy packing and enjoying a last minute walk around the hotel that we didn’t eat anything.
The Sky Club is found at the lower level garden area and close to Gate 23. It is a little tricky to find given the nominal signage and hard to find stairs. Perhaps the lounge is difficult to find because it is small and a little dark. (Yes, I need to take more and better pictures.)
Delta Airlines Sky Club at Honolulu Airport, Hawaii
- Staff – super friendly, excellent eye contact and helpful. Unlike the lounge in Atlanta, the staff didn’t spend a lot of time chatting with each other.
- Cleanliness – very clean and tidy. Staff regularly walked around to clean tables and pick-up debris.
- Wireless Internet – not super fast but pretty good for a basement area
- Seating – chairs available for 60ish people
- Entertainment – Flat panel TV on a news channel
- Couple cubicle like desks with computers and printers that serve as work stations.
- Beverages – water, pitcher of juices with guava and orange juice; self service station for hot drinks with delicious cappuccino, steamed milk, hot chocolate, etc.; self service fountain drinks with coke products; complimentary self serve alcoholic beverages with usual mix of hard liquors and beer.
- Snacks – basic though plenty of veggies, cheese, crackers, chocolate chips cookies, nutella, humus, pretzels and other salty snacks and biscoff cookies. Why no fruit?
Overall, the lounge was small though offered a nice respite with comfortable chairs, delicious snacks, clean tables and bathrooms and friendly staff.
My family and I were able to enter the lounge for free using my American Express Platinum card. Although this card comes with a hefty fee, I figured I saved money by not forking over money for my family to eat at the airport. Luckily I grabbed a bite to eat because I didn’t get any food or snack service on our flight from Honolulu to Los Angeles.