While Residence Inn isn’t my favorite Marriott hotel brand, they do have a few features that are handy for families needing an overnight stay. A couple of these features include their complimentary breakfast (see earlier post) and complimentary social hour in the evening.
Residence Inn Social Hour:
- Evening social hour generally run Monday – Thursday from 6 – 7:30. I find food the selection quickly diminishes after 6:30.
- Complimentary offerings include beer, soft drinks and heavy to light hors d’oeuvres.
- Food selection is usually enough to satisfy hungry kids but Mr. Map needs more solid food.
- Per the manager at my last hotel stay, each Residence Inn has guidelines to follow for social hour but are given flexibility in specific food offerings.
- Some hotels do nice job at restocking the food, wide selection, cleaning, etc. while others have lots of room for improvement.
Residence Inn Social Hour Calendar:
Couple of Social Hour Pictures:
My Tip: Although I have my room preferences set to high floor, the Residence Inn located in Appleton, Wisconsin usually does the opposite. I’ve stayed at this place about a dozen times and typically receive a room with this kind of view:
Note: Residence Inn by Marriott is good for business travelers and families on a road trip but bad for point collectors. You only earn 5 Marriott point/dollar spent versus 10 points/dollar at its other brands.