Discover America Daily Getaways is making another appearance! The program is brought to you and me by US Travel Association and American Express. It began in May, 2010 as a way to stimulate summer travel for leisure and business travelers.
Daily Getaways offers savings of more than 50% on top travel brands such as Marriott Hotels, Alamo Car Rental and SeaWorld. There are great deals for deals on hotel room nights, car rentals, vacation packages, as well as theme park admission and city attraction passes, plus it is just in time for Memorial Day Weekend and busy summer travel season.
Discover America Daily Getaways
Travel deals program that runs for 5 weeks to save over 20% on hotel room nights, car rentals, vacation packages, theme park admission and city attraction passes. And it’s just in time for Memorial Day Weekend and peak summer travel.
Getaway offers are sold at a fixed price in limited quantities and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. This means the offers sell out quickly. While you can use any credit card to make a purchase, you will receive 10% discount if paid using an American Express brand card.
Deals are purchased on the site but booking can be done at a later date. Getaway offers go on sale at 1:00pm ET each weekday from April 9, 2012 to May 11, 2012.
Daily Getaways 2012 Calendar
Week 1, April 9 – 13
Week 2, April 16 – 20
Week 4, April 30 – May 4
2012 not available yet. Here is the list from 2011.
May 2 – Hilton Hhonors
100,000 Hilton Hotel HHonors Points for $550
150,000 Hilton Hotel HHonors Points for $825
250,000 Hilton Hotel HHonors Points for $1,375
May 3: Harrah’s Hotels
Gracious Southern Comfort at Harrah’s Tunica for $350
Midwestern Hospitality at Harrah’s Kansas City for $300
Escape to the Crescent City at Harrah’s New Orleans: $475
Escape to Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City for $1110
May 4: Wyndham
One night at a Super 8 for $50, receive 16,000 points for $50
2 Nights at a Days Inn for $69 receive 28,000 points for $69
2 Nights at a Ramada for Only $100 receive 32,000 points for $100
2 Nights at a Wyndham Hotels & Resorts for $130, receive 50,000 points for $130*
3 Nights at a Days Inn for $150, receive 48,000 points for $150*
* Not a typo.
May 5: Alamo Car Rental
Save $25 on Your Next Alamo Car Rental
May 6: Gaylord Hotels
2 nights for $255 at your choice of one of the following Gaylord Hotels
Gaylord Opryland Resort – Nashville (The Music City)
Gaylord National Resort – Washington, D.C. area
Gaylord Texan Resort – Dallas/Ft. Worth area
Gaylord Palms Resort – Kissimmee/Orlando area
Week 5, May 7 – 11
2012 Not available yet. Here is a picture from 2011.
How To Make A Purchase At Daily Getaways
- Offers go on sale at 1:00 pm ET each weekday between April 9, 2012 and May 11, 2012. Any resident of the U.S. who is 18 years or older may purchase an offer with any valid credit card.
- As soon as a sale starts, click on the “View Details” button for the offer you’re interested in.
- On the Offer Details page, select the quantity of the offer you would like to purchase, if applicable, and then click on the “Buy Now” button.
- If there’s still inventory available, you’ll be prompted to pay for your purchase.
- In certain instances, membership in a company’s rewards program is required to purchase an item. In that case, after you click the “Buy Now” button, you will immediately get a message on the site telling you that the item is reserved for you and prompting you to enter your rewards program member number for that particular travel company. You will then have a limited amount of time to locate your member number or quickly sign up for the program.
- If you get a “Try Again” message, it means all inventory for the product you’re trying to buy is currently on hold for other customers. There’s still a possibility an item or two might free up, so keep trying!
Tips To Redeem A Daily Getaways Offer
- After you complete your purchase, you will be given information to redeem your offer via email. The redemption method for offers differs by merchant. There are several ways offers could be redeemed: voucher, e-certificate, or loyalty-points deposit.
- Please be sure to read the offer’s terms & conditions and redemption information before purchasing, as certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
- Please remember that there is no guarantee prior to purchasing your offer that your primary choices for travel dates will be available.
- Redemption deadlines vary offer-to-offer. Be sure to read the offer’s terms & conditions and redemption information carefully.
- Once a purchase is complete, no refunds, returns, or exchanges will be accepted.
- All sales are final.
- Limited to 1 purchase per offer per day, per card (e.g., you may not purchase the same exact offer more than once with the same credit card on the same day.
- Some offers have a purchase limit per offer for the loyalty program number applicable to that offer.
Where Is My 10% Discount For Purchasing With An American Express Card?
The published retail value of the offer is pre-savings. If you use an American Express Card during checkout, you will automatically see the 10% price deduction. The retail price minus 10% is what will be charged to your American Express Card.
How Will I Know If My Purchase Went Through?
You will receive a confirmation code via e-mail immediately after your purchase is complete. In the event that you do not receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours of purchasing, please contact Customer Service.
Contact Information For Discover America Daily Getaways
Contact Customer Service or email@example.com. Customer Service is available Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM CST. Your email will be answered within 24 hours of receipt. If you are emailing us outside of our service hours. If you have made a purchase and have a question regarding your offer, a Customer Service contact for your offer will be provided to you in your confirmation email.