Make sure you are ready to maximize your holiday purchases with these stacking tips.
Tips To Save Money On Holiday Shopping
- Sign Up Bonus from Shopping Portals – Rake in a few dollars with sign-up bonuses from shopping portals like Mr. Rebates ($5), BeFrugal.com ($5) and Ebates ($10).
- Cash Back Programs – Click through a shopping portal before making an online purchase. Evrewards has a comprehensive list of the best cash back rates. For a limited time, Mr. Rebates and Ebates is offering up to 3.0% cash back when you buy on eBay.
- Merchant Reward Programs – Loyalty reward programs can offer extra savings. I find Sears ‘Shop Your Way’ and Best Buy’ Reward Zone’ can be lucrative
- Reward credit or debit card – Pay for your purchase with a card that gives you a little extra dough. Discover Card is offering 5% on purchases made at department stores and online for rest of the year.
- Price Matching – Match deals from a different store. While stores typically require customers to bring in competitors’ ads,. some don’t. My local Walmart doesn’t verify competitor prices…..so…..my buddy Jimmy uses this to his advantage when checking out.
- Store Promotions – Check out store discounts, special promotional codes, shopping coupons, and special merchant deals. BeFrugal.com maintains a comprehensive list of deals on hundreds of retailers.
Alternatively, pretend you’re part of the Costanza family and celebrate Festivus.