Last week you may have noticed that a lot of bloggers mentioned American Express deal for a free $25 Gift Card bonus when you load $200 or more on a new AMEX prepaid card by June 30, 2012. While the deal probably received heavy advertisement for its affiliate link, the card and promotion is worth checking out. (Note: My post does not contain a referral link.)
Too bad this promotion wasn’t announced a couple of weeks ago. This prepaid card would have been a good candidate for my teenager to test while attending a camp in a different state. I did send her off with a couple of other cards to test for convenience and ease of use.
How to Get $25 American Express Prepaid Card
- Go here to get an American Express Prepaid Card and click “order now”
- Complete the user and purchaser information (can be the same person), then load minimum of $200
- Verify your funding account then wait around 6 weeks to receive your prepaid card and free $25 gift card.
Tips For AMEX Promotion
- You don’t have to have an existing relationship with American Express.
- Can order 3 prepaid cards per person for total bonus of $75.
- Prepaid Card includes purchase protection, fraud protection, and roadside assistance
- No credit check though you will need give your social security number.
- There is no fee to load the card, no monthly fees, no upfront purchase fees, no inactivity fees, no overdraft fees if you try to spend more than what is on the card.
Terms and Conditions aka Fine Print
* Note: These are pretty standard
- Offer expires on June 30, 2012.
- Prepaid Card must be active at the time the Gift Card is fulfilled.
- Auto-reloads and/or direct deposits set up prior to 6/1/2012 are not eligible for the $25 Gift Card.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Limit one offer per Card.
- Allow 6 weeks, after qualifying load, for the $25 Gift Card to be mailed to the Card Purchaser.
Go ahead and check out American Express for a $25 gift card bonus (up to $75) when you load $200 or more on a new American Express prepaid card by June 30, 2012.
If you are looking for a card that can be loaded with a credit card, read an earlier post on Serve by American Express.