Chase Bank $200 Money Bonus for Checking Account.
10/31/2013 Update: A new link for Chase Bank $200 Cash Bonus is now valid for Premier Plus Checking Accounts opened on or before November 26, 2013. Remember to deposit $100 or more within 10 business days of opening your account and have a direct deposit made to the same account within 60 days of opening this account. Click here to open the link for Chase Bank $200 Cash Bonus.
5/11/2013 Update: New offer for Chase Bank Promotion for $200 Cash Bonus for opening a Chase Total Checking Account. Offer ends May 15, 2013 so print the offer or apply online to boost money in your pocket with $200 from Chase Bank.
Chase Bank has two different cash bonus offers for its business checking accounts:
- Receive $200 cash bonus after opening a Chase BusinessSelect checking account with minimum deposit of $5,000, expiration date of June 6
- Receive $200 cash bonus after opening a Chase Total Checking account with minimum deposit of $100, expiration date of June 30, 2012
Since Offer #2 has a lower minimum deposit requirement, I’ll focus on that one. While I haven’t tried to open both accounts, I don’t think Chase Bank will award a bonus for each account. They use your social security number to verify if you are a current or former customer.
Chase Bank Total Checking Account Cash Bonus Promotion
Steps To Get $200 Cash Bonus
- Go to Chase Bank promotion page to generate your coupon; then open a Chase Total Checking account online or take the coupon to one of their branches
- Deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Have direct deposit totaling $500 or more within 60 days of account opening
Chase will automatically apply bonus to your new account within 10 business days after you make a minimum of $100 deposit.
How To Avoid $12 Monthly Service Fee
Chase Total Checking has no Monthly Service Fee when you do one of the following each statement period:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR
- Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500; OR
- Keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in your checking and other types of qualifying Chase accounts.
Examples of Direct Deposit
- Any ACH deposit totaling $500 or more for the statement period.
- Automatic deposit of Payroll – To request direct deposit of your payroll check, print the Direct Deposit Form (PDF); then complete the form and give it to your employer’s payroll department.
- Social Security
- Other government benefits
- ACH push from an account at a different bank, e.g. M&T Bank, PerkStreet FinancialSM Deposit Account
- ACH push from brokerage firm, e.g. TD Ameritrade
- Amazon Payments
- Digital payment service, e.g. Serve
Bank Promotion Terms and Conditions aka Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Chase Business checking customers, account conversation, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance
- Limit of one business checking account bonus per calendar year
- Any ACH deposit totaling $500 or more for the statement period
- Chase loan balances – car loan, mortgage, credit card, etc. – do not count towards the $5,000 balance requirement
- Account must be kept open for 6 months or the bonus amount will be debited from the account at closing
- First statement/month does not incur monthly service charge
- Note: Chase Freedom card holders who maintain an active Chase checking account will earn an extra 10% in Ultimate Reward Points on purchases and 10 points per swipe
- Cash bonus is considered interest income and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT
Capture a $200 cash bonus after opening a Chase Total Checking account with minimum deposit of $100 and monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more.