My Stacking Steps
- Signed-up with vente-privee.com
- Registered my American Express card with AMEX Gift Chain (vente-privee is a participating retailer, see earlier blog post.)
- Purchased a kitchen item for $25 at vente-privee. Gift #1
- Received $20 statement credit from AMEX.
- Within an hour, received an email for free $25 egift card to Kiehls.com from AMEX Gift Chain.
- At Kiehl’s, purchased Head to Toe Gift Set using egift card from gift chain. Gift #2
- Potentially receive 12% cash back from Mr. Rebates for my purchase at Kiehl’s (Read earlier blog post on cash back shopping.)
- Referred Mr. Susie Map to receive $20 referral credit, good toward a future purchase. Hopefully my referral credit will post quickly so I can use it to buy another Christmas present. (I’ll repeat steps 1-8 for Mr. Susie Map and my other cards.)
Vente Privee and American Express Details
Vente-Privee claims they are a pioneer and global leader in online private sales. In other words, vente-privee.com organizes daily sales events featuring more than 1,200 different brands – from clothes and house wares to sporting goods and electronics. Each event (sale for a specific brand) is announced by email at 7am ET with the actual sale starting at 10am ET and closing at 9am ET on the third day.
American Express must have liked this company, because they jumped on the sales wagon to partner with vente-privee.com. Lucky for AMEX card members, American Express is offering a $20 statement credit when you make a purchase of any amount using your card at vente-privee.com. I emphasize any amount because I could have bought a pair of socks for $5 and still received a $20 statement credit. This transaction would put an extra $15 dollars in my pocket. But vente-privee.com is one of the participating stores on the gift chain list. And one of requirements from the gift chain promotion includes minimum purchase of $25 at a participating retailer.
Tips For American Express $20 Statement Credit
- No separate registration required for statement credit. Automatically posted to your AMEX account.
- Any purchase amount receives $20 statement credit.
- Use Eligible American Express Card to make your first purchase at vente-privee.com through 12/31/2011, to get $20 statement credit.
- Eligible Cards – consumer American Express Credit or Charge Card issued in the U.S. either by American Express or co-branded with another bank such as Citibank AMEX.
- Ineligible Cards – Business, prepaid and co-branded with non-banks such as Macy’s
- One credit per card – create separate vente-privee.com account for each AMEX card.
- Authorized users with your AMEX card can receive statement credit as long as the other cards have a separate card number.
Tips For Vente-Privee $20 Referral Credit
- Through your vente-privee.com account, refer someone and receive $20 vente-privee.com credit after they make their first purchase.
- Referral credit should post within 6 weeks and expire in one year.
- Any member of vente-privee.com can make a referral to receive a $20 credit. Referral credit is separate from AMEX statement credit. They also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Diners Club.
- Need more information? Shoot me a note or head on over to vente-privee.com for answers to frequently asked questions.
A quick note on Mr. Rebates 12% cash back at Kiehl’s. Usually cash back portals exclude purchases made when paid with a gift card. Therefore, I am not expecting cash back but sometimes I do earn extra money from my purchases.
If you want to support my blog, feel free to use my vente-privee.com referral link by clicking here. Thank You!